The British-Italian Society maintains a database of current and recent members. Each database entry contains some or all of the following information for each member:
- postal address
- membership status and number
- e-mail address and telephone number (if known)
- gift aid status
- method of payment, date and amount of annual membership subscription payments, and any ad hoc donations, since 2008.
We do not obtain any personal information about members, or potential members, from third parties or public sources. All the information we hold in our database has been provided by members themselves, when they have joined, made a subscription payment or got in touch to update their contact details.
We do not hold or process any personal financial information (eg bank or credit card details) for our members. Payments to the Society are all made via secure external payment mechanisms, such as PayPal, RSM 2000, Barclaycard or bank to bank transfers.
We use the information in our database to:
- keep members informed of our news, events and activities (by e-mail, wherever possible);
- administer gift aid claims;
- remind members when subscriptions are due;
- distribute copies of our annual magazine Rivista;
- contact members for any other reason on behalf of the British-Italian Society.
The Society does not share information from its database with any partner organisations or third parties. If we are asked specifically to supply contact details for a member, we will contact the member first to ask whether they are content for us to meet the request. No personal information will be passed on without your explicit consent. After a member leaves the Society, we may retain their details on the database for a temporary period in order to cover potential gift aid or other regulatory queries.
Every member of the Society has the right at any time to:
- request a copy of the personal details which the Society holds for them on its database;
- ask the Society to correct any personal data which is found to be inaccurate or out-of-date; and
- withdraw their consent to the Society holding or using any or all of their details in the database for the purposes listed above.
The Society’s nominated Data Protection Officer is Richard Northern. Please address any queries, requests or complaints about the holding of your personal data in the first instance to him: c/o 15 Dawson Road, London NW2 6UB or via email@example.com.